Grants to outside bodies for 2017/18 will be dealt with at the next Finance & General Purposes Committee on the 20th September 2016. The Town Council’s policy is that such grants should support community clubs and organisations (which are based in Gerrards Cross or directly benefit local residents), to help improve facilities and develop new initiatives, especially when other sources of funding are not available. New projects will be looked on more favourably than maintaining existing projects.
There are certain criteria for awarding grants:
- The impact that the service provided by the grant would have on the club/organisation and community of the Town of Gerrards Cross.
- Demonstration of a need for financial support, backed up by recent accounts of the organisation.
- Whether a Town Council grant has been awarded previously, how it had been used, and the benefit of it to local residents.
- Whether funding elsewhere has been sought.
- Whether the organisation makes a charge for the service it provides.
- Whether the organisation is strictly a non-profit organisation.
- Whether the organisation would be totally dependent on the Town Council for funding.
If you wish to apply, please complete an application form and return it by 31st August, 2016. Any requests for grants outside of this time period will not be considered and will have to wait until the following financial year, 2018/19.
I will be happy to clarify or advise on any aspect of your application. Please contact me at the Town Council Office. Office hours are 9.30.am – 1pm on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
Applications forms are available from the Town Council Office or email: [email protected].
Sue Moffat, Town Clerk